Who are our members?
Our members comprise Greek, British, American, Australian and Canadian teachers of English who work in private language schools, public schools, public and private universities and institutions of higher education, at all different levels from primary to post-graduate. We also have some members who are studying to become English teachers. At present we have approximately 600 active members – we believe this number could be much greater which would add to our strength and effectiveness.
What do we offer our members?
• Regular teacher development seminars on a range of ELT issues
• A yearly 2 day convention with a combination of international and local speakers
• A newsletter 4 times a year distributed to all members free of charge. We encourage members to take their first steps into publishing - if you have something to say of interest we will consider publishing it
• Regular bulletins to convey information to members about local or regional events we are organizing
• This website which is constantly updated with new information and links
• A number of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) in the areas of learning difficulties, younger learners, exam classes, English for Academic and Specific Purposes
• Established in 1993 as a non-profit professional association for teachers of English.
• Run by a volunteer 9-member board (elected bi-annually).
• Funded by membership fees and sponsorship.
• Based in Thessaloniki but present throughout Northern Greece.
Who we are
• School owners
• Directors of study
• University staff
• University students
• Professional development
• Monthly talks and workshops
• Annual international 2-day convention
• SEETA website: online community of teachers’ associations
• Quarterly e-newsletter
• Network with colleagues
• Career prospects improved
Join TESOL Macedonia Thrace, Northern Greece
By depositing the membership fee in this bank account:
or at any TESOL MTh Northern Greece event throughout the year.
The amounts below are for 12 months, starting from when you pay your subscription.
Individual membership - €45
Group membership (5 or more people) - €35
Student membership - €35
Event fee - €15 (Deducted when someone becomes a full member within a year from the event. The event fee is not applicable to the Annual Convention)
Convention fee - €25 (Deducted when someone becomes a full member within a year from the convention)
Your membership will start from when you make the first payment.